Leveson: Third party complaints are a basic but vital step to improving press standards for minorities
The need to permit third party complaints on behalf of minority groups,
including disabled people, will be key to addressing what Leveson
describes as “a significant tendency within the press which leads to
the publication of prejudicial or pejorative references to race, religion,
gender, sexual orientation or physical or mental illness or disability”(Vol.
2 section 8.22)Disabled people, alongside many other minority groups, have
experienced sustained levels of misleading, hostile and discriminatory
reporting in the press. Headlines such as ‘75% on sick are skiving’1
are inaccurate and dangerous. Recent SCOPE2 research found that
almost half of disabled people said that attitudes towards them had got
worse over the past year, with many reporting that they are increasingly
confronted by strangers questioning their right to support. Hostile and
inaccurate press was cited by disabled people as the chief cause of
increasing negative attitudes.Disabled people, as a group, are not protected by the Editors code
or the right to make a complaint to the PCC when faced with such
inaccurate and harmful reporting. Leveson’s recommendations to allow
third party complaints, and extend the Editors Code to outlaw prejudicial
or pejorative references to minority groups as well as individuals, are
critical to ensuring a right of redress and a voice for minority groups.This is not a slippery slope to the press being “hijacked” by “sinister”
pressure groups as Conor Burns Tory MP3 suggests. Implementing
these recommendations will give those who are so often the victims
of sensationalist and prejudicial headlines the basic right to make a
1Daily Express 26 Jan 2011 http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/225311/75-on-sick-are-skiving2Attitudes to disabled people getting worse: http://www.scope.org.uk/news/attitudes-survey3http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/leveson-inquiry/9717664/Levesons-regulator-could-be-hijacked-by-sinister-pressure-groups.htmlUPDATE - LATEST REPORT ON THIRD PARTY REPORTING IN THE GUARDIAN PUBLISHED TODAY TUESDAY 11th DEC 15.15 hrs
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/dec/11/leveson-report-alan-rusbridger?CMP=twt_fdTracey Lazard: CEO Inclusion London
Tara Flood : CEO Alliance for Inclusive Education
Linda Burnip: Disabled People Against Cuts
John McArdle : Black Triangle Anti-Defamation Campaign In Defence of
Katharine Quarmby: Journalist
John Pring: Journalist Disability News Service
Mo Stewart: Disability researcher
Dr Stephen M Carty: Medical Advisor Black Triangle
Simone Aspis: Changing Perspectives
Eleanor Lisney: Sisters of Frida
Anne Novis MBE
Stephen Brookes MBE: Coordinator - Disability Hate Crime Network
Bill Scott CEO Inclusion Scotland
John McDonnell MP
John Sweeney Ucatt
PLEASE SIGN BELOW AT THE FOOT OF THE LIST - THANKYOUNOTE:The letter is working but due to so many being on there is a chance it won't save/update very quickly. Please sign and then give it a couple of seconds. If it doesn't show up refresh the letter page using the refresh button on your browser or by pushing F5 on your keyboard. It should then show up or give you the opportunity to sign.
This letter is open for signatories until 1400hrs tomorrow, Wednesday 12th December 2012. 1.Anne Selby, Military Gulf War Veteran, now suffering from acute myeloid leukaemia
2. Colin-Roy Hunter, ex-teacher, multi-morbidities - WoWPetition
3. Eilidh Sloan - former taxpayer for 29 years former Secretary - now disabled cervical myelopathy/severe nerve damage/SLE Lupus/arthritis osteoporosis
4. Tim Webb carer
5. Roger O’Donnell - Concerned citizen.
6. Christine McCabe - Occasional volunteer with Care Network, inter alia, with severe arthritis preventing paid work, X-rays to prove condition, found ‘fit for work’ by Atos
7. Alec Middleton - Concerned citizen.
8. Rev. Paul Farnhill - Founder of the Cannabis Assembly, Human Rights campaigner.
9. Simon Roberts
10. James Kelso, Disabled and very concerned, worked and paid taxes for 30 years, never thought I would be classed as scrounger.
11. Jak Leith, Carer
12. Anja Blahova - Disabled and disgusted and definitely not a scrounger after working 20yrs of 80+ hrs a week before M.E. and joint paralysis took over.
13. Kerry Thomas, Tydfil Autism Support Group
14. Ruth McMillan Disabled - worked 21 years
15. Jamie Stanley: ZM Music
16. Jill Westendorp, Disabled for 12 + years, former Local Government Officer, disgusted by the way we are being treated & made to feel insecure by the ATOS interviews/government policies.
17. Keith Gordon Cooper, Disabled, Ex-College Tutor.
18. Barbara Hulme - A concerned citizen with disabilities
19. Lou Simmons - Disabled and disgusted with the way DWP & Atos treat us
20 Patricia Plunkett - Disgusted
21 Rory Heap - Disabled person from birsted at the way the poor sick and needy are being treated under this coalition.
22 Jenna Ford Knubley, parent of child with disabilities
23 Chrissi Clifton, Sister of lady with disabilities.
24 Elizabeth Worsley, parent to disabled children
25. MJ Carruthers Concerned Voter Wo
26. K. Burns, disabled, recently unemployed
27. David Chowcat: Brighton Disabled People Against Cuts
28. John Mortimer, sick and sick of the media propaganda
29 James Reeves Pulmonary lung disease, heart trouble, stroke, diabetes, emphysyma
30. Nicola Jones, severe neurological condition, worked until forced to quit
31. Jane Burkinshaw Diane Jaques- severe Fibromyalgia and - Multiple health issues from Lyme’s Disease
32. other health issues. Worked for 30yrs and paid taxes an NI, not a scrounger!
33. Jacqueline sueiro- very concerned voter
34. Adrian Ministrator, disabled person, doesn’t like liars
35. Stephen Jaques, carer of Diane Jaques above. Worked for 43yrs.
36. Ellen Clifford, Bromley and Croydon Disabled People Against Cuts
37. Stephen Jewell
38. Kaliya Franklin, Disability Rights Campaigner
39. Simon Staskiewicz
40. John R. Bennett Can you not see where this is leading? Arbeit Mach Frei
41. Jonathan Marsh p
42. Nancy Farrell, IOW Disabled People Against Cuts
43. Patricia Ratheram.
44 Joseph Ratheram.
45. Jessica Ratheram.
46. Liam Sean McKnight
47. Lea Sapsford, disiabled person with SLE (Lupus) and other multiple problems. Definitely not a scrounger!
48. Matthew J Smith, blogger - http://www.blogistan.co.uk/blog/
49.Damian Baughan, concerned citizen and diagnosed mentalist.
50 Alan Fergus, democrat and concerned citizen
51 Diana Harrison
52 Laurel Duut
53 Cllr Peter Lockhart, Wheelchair using Labour Councillor for Cowdenbeath Ward
54 Graham Askew email@example.com against demonization of innocent people
55 Keith Knights, disabled due to arthritis and mental health issues.
56 Jeffrey Yashruti,disabled due to mental health issues.
57 John Sweeney Ucatt
58 Raymond Shemilt, Disabled due to Rheumatoid Arthritis, Anxiety, Depression.
59. Donnacha DeLong NUJ NEC Member
60. Jean Milne 24/7 carer
61 Pearl Pelfrey, a believer in the Welfare state and the fully public NHS
62. Steven Preece, Editor, Welfare News Service
63 Susan Wilkinson disabled due to rheumatoid and osteo arthritis,Anxiety Depression IBS Thyroid probs and any virus going round!
64. Dr. Susan I. Pashkoff
65. Mr M. Wilson, ex Royal Navy, falklands “confict” veteran, war pensioner.
66. Dawn Willis, Mental Health Campaigner.
67. John McGovern Disability Advocate and DPAC member
68. Lee Myers.
69. Rory Beaton, Disability Rep, St Andrews UCU
70.David Bradley : Carer
71. Tim Batchelor :IBesaUnite
72. Gail Ward disability campaigner
73 Ed McArthur
74. Steve Farrant, Trustee’s Chair, Core Arts.
75. John T. Horsfall, Very concerned, 59 y/o disabled citizen, awaiting ATOS result, do not want to join the other 73 “disappearing” people each week, but may have no option with ageism, disability-ism & many other things.
76. Joanne Baskett - Multiple Disabilities always worked upto 2010 when progressive disease stopped me been fighting the diseases for last 20, 10 & 5 yrs
77. Tina Duke , carer
78. Chris Andrews, carer
79.Angela Kennedy, Carer, social sciences lecturer and researcher, author of the book “Authors of our own Misfortune? The Problems with Psychogenic Explanations for Physical Illnesses”.
80. Stevie Kennedy, disabled person.
81. Sean Kennedy, carer,
82. Deborah Smith
83. Sam Barnett-Cormack, independent disabled activist
84. Ian Davies, chronically sick Inventor
85.Karen Jorgensen . Retired Teacher
86 Janet Hughes suffers from multiple health problems
87.Helen Humphries Chronic health problems
88. Zena Williams suffers from Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue
90. Tim Mantripp
91. Carol Murphy - Carer for my husband
92. Pat Onions - Pat’s Petition 62,225 signatures ‘Stop and review the cuts to benefits and services which are falling disproportionately on disabled people, their carers and families’
93. Dean Wales
94. John McDonnell MP
95. Jayne Linney Leicester
96 PJ Davis Cerebral plasy
97. Jade Walker Hull Women’s Centre
99. Joanna Terry.
100. Antimo Tranter
101 Angela Bennett care
102 Mick Thornhill
103 Saffron Gardenchild, Manchester
104 John Bowen, Wales ehlor danos syndrome. multiple dislocations and mental health issues
105 Helen Sims Bristol Has Cerebral Palsy and other conditions (Disability Rights Campaigner)
106 Susan Buss. Chronic fatigue, ulcers ( from long term medication) fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease.
107 Diane Bore.. Fibromyalgia, Osteo Arthritis,Spondylosis, CF and under investigation for Heart failure.
108 Peter Locke, Edinburgh
109 Anthony Broxson Wigan
110 Lynne Ackers Southport, heart and lung disorders, fibromyalgia, also a carer of my autistic son.
111. Lynn Evans.fibromyalgia..osteo arthrititis,spondylosis..depression,anxiety.osteo porosis
112. Rosena McKeown, Polio Survivor now suffering Post Polio Syndrome.
113. Paul Rutland Chair RMT TfL No.1 Branch
114 Matthew Pountney. Autism, depression and anxiety. Disabled rights campaigner.
115. lynn gallagher fibro myalgia,,anxiety,depression,artrititis osteo porosis
116. Dr Stephen Lathwell BSc(Hons) MSc(Optoelectronics) PhD, carer for Claire Rich; Degenerative Discs (Lower Back);
117. Claire Louise Rich BA (Hons), Manic-Depression; Pituatory Adenoma, High Blood Pressure; Panic Attacks;
118. Lisa Egan: Where’s the Benefit?
119. Nim McCoan-Thornhill Disabled by M.E., FM, Hypermobility. Unable to claim, unable to work, scared for the future, sick of discriminatory comments from uneducated idiots.
120. Sian Healey disabled by Full Life-long Fibromyalgia
121. Ian Philo carer for Sian Healey
122. Bridget Robb, Acting Chief Executive, British Association of Social Workers
123. Leon Carter SAH Stroke Survivor, Carer to Mother and Disability Campaigner
124. Les Chalk, COPD sufferer,stroke survivor, Depressed person.
125 Stephen Gerard Scullion, Felling, Gateshead PTSD and Depressive
126 ‘Atos Miracles’ - facebook self-help page supporting those suicidal, about to lose their homes, incurably sick people being left with no money at all, those too sick to leave their homes so having their money sanctioned as unable to attend interviews, etc and all terrified for the future. Heartbreaking stories. Last week’s reach was 171,186 and 9,896 were talking about the page. That shows you the level of need.
127. David Johnson - 22 year veteran of CFS/ME
128. Lesley Brownlie carer to my disabled
129. Tony Dean, I have been fighting for groups to be able to complain the PCC for decades due to the 20 year long disability hate campaign by some of the press.
130 Morag Fraser Just another nobody that atos deemed fit to work, so by the press standard, I must be a scrounger.
131 Inez de Miranda. I am worried about the level of hatespeak in the current media.
132 Lyn Phillips disabled with MS. Fed up with reading in the press about benefits scroungers.
133 Anthony Boardman I’m sick of a Right wing biased press, backing an rich elite agenda.
134 Paul Sheppard 15 years of M.E. Made even more sick and tired of being called a “shirker” and worse in the press in the last 2 years. The press is taking part in a hate campaign. Politicians and press are culpable for the physical and verbal violence against innocents. The demonisation of sick and disabled people legitimised by senior politicians via the press has to stop.
135 Ian Warner- Directing Editor of Kittiwake Classics: I have ASD and several mental health issues and this hate speech has resulted in state sanctioned Genocide: http://kittiwake.blog.co.uk
136 Trev Fairminer LE12 9LW
137 Mike Llywelyn Cox - NSUN/NCODP - Service User, Norfolk.
138. Linda Mccafferty ,Glasgow Scotland .
139. C Richardson, Cumbria
140. Keith Lindsay-Cameron. Bath, UK. BA2 8EF.
141. Christine George
142. Leigh Arthur, Middlesbrough
143. Rob Marsh, Penarth.
144 Paul Grace Swansea
145. Lynn Evans fibromyalgia sufferer, osteoarthritis and severe depression.
146 Russell Williams
147 David Haymes, ME/CFS sufferer
148 Stuart Smith Swansea manic depression, amputee
149 Robert Herring, tax payer for 24 years straight, former engineer, now with M.E./CFS and depression. 2 years sick time was waiting for an Expert Patients Programme to learn how to cope!
150. Lesley Rose Wigram ,long-term disabled suspected Asperger Syndrome and PTSD the latter caused by abuse from parents.
151. Jenni Frost, business owner and tax advisor. Suffers depression and was out of work for 2 years with a nervous breakdown in my early 20’s
152. Nicola Parker, Mitochondrial Myopathy sufferer, works full-time.
153. Helen North. Progressive physical illness. Made to feel like a criminal ,having worked for 30 years.Tribunal finally awarded me ESA Support group status.So many ill & disabled people are being placed incorrectly into the ESA Wrag group - even those with long term progressive chronic illness’s - WHY? They are not going to get better,unless there are major medical breakthroughs - but still hounded & criminalised by the DWP & press.Wrong, wrong, wrong !
154. Debra HallidayJ
155. Mr. Andrew Healey Multi level spinal degeneration arthritis in spine Emphysema arthritis through whole of body dodgy heart problems worked over 30 years + 60 hour weeks work for self 90 hour week
156. John Hargrave Chair - Leicester Disabled People’s Access Group.
157 Hazel Quinn, ME/fibro approx 50 years, PTSD from being beaten as a child when paralysed, more PTSD from abuse by carers, medical profession. 21 years of appeals, tribunals. Last year victim of hate crime attack very much fuelled by press reports. 18 months later still in pain everyday from that assault.
158 Kenneth John Boyd; full time carer and very concerned citzen.
159 Samantha Bentley 49 Wilsons Disease and chronic joint pain sufferer and victim of DWP Atos and WCA
160 Sandy Hay, Lupus, fibromyalgia, ME and prolapsed disc in spine sufferer.
161 Emma Schumann,Chronic pain and multiple health problem,Diabetes,Thyroid, Heart, and Depression, anxiety attacks
162 Christine George.
163 Lawrence Roper
164.Dave Pelbrough. Ex-Serviceman, Spinal injuries in lower back & neck. Cambridgeshire.
165. Seth Woolf, London
166. Angelica Falterfoot
167. Colin Whyte disgusted way DWP ATOS AND CORRUPT GOVERNMENT have treated its ill and sick they can’t defend themselves.
168. Gareth Morgan Leeds1
169. CAROL WILLIAMS
170. D. Page HIV/AIDS long term,depression,anxiety,chronic hepatits B infection & porphyria.Also diagnosed Borderline Personality Disorder.
171. Marie-Francoise O’donoghue ME for 11 years, not a scrounger, has been working all my life prior to ME
172. Ronnie Gordon. Scotland..
Spinal injury due to an industrial accident after working 30+ years. I despise being made to feel like a scrounger after paying national insurance for so many years, specially when i see this so called government squandering so much on themselves
173. Rosanne Goodwins
174 T Jackson Ra Fibromyalgia and Depression
175 Andy Murtha Bipolar and Fibromyalgia now unable to work after 36 years working 6 days a week. I do voluntary work when health allows.
176. Ross Allan, Schizo Affective Disorder, diabetes, high blood pressure, joint problems
177. David Jones. Concerned Voter, South wales
178. Antonia Shepherd
179. Lorna Gray , worried sick , ill and disabled widow and who has ill and disabled family
180. Dee Barry, Warwickshire
181. Tom Busby, Bedfordshire
182.Derek Turpin osteoarthritis, 5x TIAs osteoporosis anklossing spondylosis , at my wits end !
183. Jonathan Eyre - those with the condition of M.E are regularly described as malingerers and scroungers in the tabloid press, from Leeds, West Yorkshire.
184. M Stanley, mental health issues. Made to feel like a malingerer. Disgusted with false propaganda in national newspapers and BBC bias.
185. Gen William Taggart ..AdDip.Prof.Con.Phys. NCA, Consumer Affairs/Human Rights Consultant. As the Result of Serious RTA. Two vertebrae pressing on spinal cord causing intermittent paralysis and constant pain. Multiple compound fracture of right wrist (Custom made appliance worn). Scoliosis Lordosis of the Spine, Repeated bouts of acute Renal Colic (Impact related injuries) carpal tunnel syndrome left wrist (Due to it taking on the all the function of the right wrist as well).
186. Maria Nelson, tendonitis back problems, asthma, anger management, due to previous bullying and family issues. Anxiety and feel like I don’t fit in this greedy selfish society and yes I have worked, in the past heavy work for poor pay. And I feel the benefits system does currently cause more stress as we are treated very badly. Almost wound up by inept call centre staff who say one thing and do another. I support poor paid workers and do not support free labour workfare for the rich companies.
187. Dianne Jones, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, COPD, Psoriasis and Stress+Anxiety caused by DWP, ATOS and stigma of being branded a scrounger, liar and malingerer by the Media propaganda vented by BBC, The Sun etc......
188. Sarah Wiles, Peterborough Suffering Depression and anxiety
189. Julie Frid.
191. Sue Wilkinson rheumatoid osteo arthritis IBs Thyroid probs anxiety depression FEAR
192. Selina Postgate autistic rights advocate, diabetic, arthritic, depressive, parent
193. Kate Patten, Bristol
194. Jayne Coombes. Invisible illness sufferer, feeling so much extra stress from the DWP, and Atos. Seriously thinking I would be better off leaving the earth as I am seeing the deaths and suffering of the poor, sick and disabled. But hanging on in there, people before profit.
195. Colin Wilson L35 5HJ - Aspergers Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, severe anxiety / depression.
196 Helen Woodhouse
197 Paul Woodhouse
198 Richard Southwell
199 Penny Ledger Co-Chair Disability Network Hounslow
200. Terence Crago, Full-time Carer of severely disabled partner
201. Sally Wallis rare bone disease and other health problems. This government is trying to suppress free speech under the aegis of privacy concerns. The law is already in place to deal with the sort of criminal behaviour such as phone tapping but it is not being implemented. Disabled and sick people are being demonised by this government at every level. The press are complicit if they push ahead with this.
202. Sarah Lawry
203, Samuel Jones, Social phobia, agoraphobia.
204. William Greiner MS
205 Lorraine Butter, carer
206. Elaine Stammers ME/CFS
207. Katharine Peake, disabled in recovery without a recovery college in the borough, terrorised into isolation and made suicidal by tyrannical, lawless press and complicit, lawless parliament, another one bites the dust
208 Jayni Anderton... Arthritic for 30yrs. Highly qualified disabled & unable to work.
209 Leon Edwards Concerned human being cured arthiritis with MMS (Chlorine Dioxide)
210 linda hill Polio suffer from age of 2 sick and tired of being stressed out and punished for something i had no control over it is not my fault I’m disabled.
211 Yasmin Raphael Long term ME then developed MS entirely due to an 11 year wait for a medical diagnosis (‘delay’ caused by uninformed opinions of GPs and media, and punishment for daring to look healthy). My health is now dependent on government funded care and weekly alternative treatments which I will not be able to afford if I am labelled ‘fit to work’. Fearing for the deterioration of my health as well as losing my home (and my sanity!).
212. Antony Fern
213. Mr FH Bent
214. Bryn Kinnaird
215. Chris Fairlam
216 Penelope Twining deeply concerned human being
217 Miss Nicole Giddings Long term CFS. I am also worried about the deterioration to my health. The government's actions are so short sighted by forcing disabled people to undertake actions they are not fit to do and punishing them when they are unable to do them, they will only cause an increased level of sickness for a longer period of time, costing the taxpayer even larger amounts. How does this make sense?
218 Andrew Phipps
219. Lesley Rose Wigram Long-term disabled, suspected Aspergers syndrome and PTSD from abuse by parents for having the condition.
220. Anger. Author of Tea at the Grand Tazi. Longlisted for Dylan Thomas Prize. Former Lawyelexandra Sir. Wheelchair User. Survivor. Disgusted at the government.
221. Susi Neale
222. Mrs Anna Smith, Carer.
223. Janetta McGuigan.
224. Paul Watton. - Ashover, Nr. Chesterfield, Derbyshire. ME/cfs sufferer for over 10 years.
225. David J Smith - Counsellor and Support Worker
226. Ann Whitehurst disabled activist & artist
227. Liane Gomersall
228 Paul Barnard https://www.facebook.com/notes/paul-binmunchkinn-barnard/the-full-atos/247182688732927 there is NO support only workfare. i lost £70 per week (chronic disc damage and now recurring depression)
229. Ron Graves, 4, Hobhouse Court, Grange Road West, Birkenhead - lifelong disabled, wheelie, ME for 27 years, COPD, heart failure, aortic valve calcification. Terminal.
230. Danielle Heybroek, Crohn’s Disease
231. Cristiano Di Carlo, Disabled ex forces. chronic heart disease, PTSD, Late onset autism, peripheral arterial disease. Nottingham.
232. linda hodson,bury, cambs, disabled for last 15 yrs and will gradually get worse. on fb
233. Jane Osmond, Women’s Views on News
234. Joanne Yelland, Green Party Durham Candidate, Epileptic, will never give up until equal outcomes are available for all of Baumans repressed in society. firstname.lastname@example.org, available on Facebook and on email.
235. Vicky Horvat
236. Imogen Forster, imogen@
237. Beverley Rawsthorn, Merseyside, Disabled and Carer. Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, PSVT etc., etc. It’s about time someone stepped up to the plate to protect the most vulnerable in our society as clearly this government is only interested in acting childish calling us names and bullying us. Life is hard without any kind of illness or disability so try to imagine how it is with an illness and disability. (Life on benefits) there’s no life on benefits only existence if you’re lucky.
238. Zekiye Driver
239. Halil Driver
241. Paige Rawsthorn, Merseyside, Autism, ADHD, SLD
242. Anne Toms Glasgow -Worked for 40 years paying tax and National Insurance.
Treated like shit by ATOS when I broke my leg in three places and ended up with a metal rod from knee to ankle and had a plaster right up to my thigh. Was asked to stand on tiptoe by a “doctor” at Atos, against all medical advice. Was asked what books did I read and had I ever been in trouble with the police. Made to feel like a skiver and scrounger for having an accident and being unable to work. Silly me! I thought all my 40 years work counted for something and I was paying into a system that would help me when I needed it. Now realise my tax and insurance were going towards duck houses and expenses for fat cat MPs.
243 Angela Cox - Carer
244. Katie Goddard suffers from severe fibromyalgia heart problems and borderline personality disorder.
Its a national disgrace the perge on poor which were caused by the incompatence of MPs and Bankers where is media on 1000s committing suicide while millionaires tell people on 11 pound a day how to live.It’s sick. I hope there is a Revolution. No social housing, no future, no jobs other than minimum wage slavery who could blame the youth.
245. Marcia Hibberd, wife and cousin of disabled men, horrified at what’s going on.
246. Mike Cookson-Taylor
247. Jennifer Turrall,Kent, (32) Disabled with mulitiple health conditions including, Large brain aneurysm which cannot be clipped or coiled, An oranged-sized chest cyst, fibromyalgia, severe migraines, reversed c spine, gallstones which they won’t operate due to other health problems, and MS-type symptoms, depression and anxiety made worse by Atos/DWP still undergoing investigations some still not known yet..fed up of battling not only my own body but Doctors, Atos/DWP and the government for it’s hate campaign on the sick and disabled. Also the now prejudice against us by media and now everyday people. Enough is enough. We are not scroungers we are trying to cope and live lots of complex things. Leave us alone.
248. Margaret Keavey I worked all of my life and have been fortunate enough to never have to claim and I am retired now, however I was and am more than happy to pay into the system to help to care for the sick and disabled our most vulnerable in society. I have seen the changes the government have made in assessing the sick and disabled and I find it appalling, you’d never know we lived in the 21st century. Changes needed to happen, but not what you have done you basically sent them to slaughter with you narrowing of descriptors and Atos just approving most everyone for work when it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to know they are not fit for work. Utterly disgraceful.
249. Eddie Keavey I don’t know how you sleep at night. I’ve worked hard all of my life and I’m retired now, but I was more than happy to pay into the system to take care of the disabled and sick. Anyone who begrudges helping the disabled and sick clearly have no compassion, no empathy and should be ashamed of yourselves. I’m a gentleman, so I’ll leave it at that.
250 Carole McCulloch This is disgusting what this Government is doing.
251 Donna Wilson, we should all be concerned about what this government is doing to this country, we should all speak now while we still can!
252 Yvette Broadhurst. Disabled, Bedridden, chronic pain conditions FMS/CFS
had 17 operations including spine, bladder, bowel and feet. Severe anxiety and Depression made worse by the stress and worry of what this government/Dwp/Atos are doing to the sick and disabled of this country, it is an absolute disgrace !!!
253 Michelle Maher
254 Caroline Lord
255 Christina Allen
256 Colin White
257 Fallyn Spinks. The current Govt should be prosecuted for mass murder. It is nothing more than a form of Nazi eugenics.
258. Thomas Ratcliffe, had to stop work after suffering heart attack, osteoarthritis, hiatus hernia, Barretts oesophagus worn vertebrae in neck and unusual curvature of the spine, asthma, anxiety attacks and asked why do you suffer from depression, get rid of this incompetent government.
259. Peter Wright A Concerned Disabled Human being that’s suffering at the hands of our current Government through its inhuman attack on disabled people. These include abuse, neglect, injustice and diminishing Rights to a Quality of life that I'm entitled to under The Human Rights Act.
260. Gary Scott. Herefordshire One of the lazy, moral-less, scroungers that sufferers with mental health problems. No one stopped Hitler, but Cameron is going down
261. Bruce Bingham, Manchester
262. Martin. ATOS. TOTAL Humiliation & Degradation during assessment & REFUSED to accept written evidence from a Doctor & Consultant. Hang your heads in shame Cameron & Co.
263. Max Wootton, Leeds
264. Stephen Reilly, Kent, Very ill both physically and mentally constant hospital appointments and procedures and psychiatric meetings, appealing both ESA and DLA decisions, ESA for 10 months and denied DLA because of ATOS medical....... disgusted !
Mark Aldiss, Harlech. projectbrainsaver
265. Lynn Bleasdale. Essex. Numerous health problems including CFS
Deborah Taylor sufferer of cfs fibromyalgia denied dla because of atos medical267 Marcus de Mowbray, Able-bodied, but disgusted at Government’s criminal treatment of disabled people, and thus inspiring hatred in the press.