The total salary package for this position is approximately £59,893 - £65,416 per annum (circa $92,952- $103,247 USD per annum) including basic salary, per diem and programme management allowance.
MAG is seeking a Technical Operations Manager for our programme in Lao PDR. Lao PDR is the most bombed country in the world per capita and UXO contamination also remains a key cause of poverty and is one of the prime factors limiting the country's long-term development, preventing people from using land and denying access to basic services.
The programme is implementing clearance and Community Liaison activities in two provinces in support of the Government of Lao PDR's national development priorities and achievement of the country's Millennium Development Goal 9.As MAG's senior technical representative in-country, you will be responsible for leading, overseeing and safely managing all aspects of technical operations. You will work in close coordination with the National Regulatory Authority, the national mine action authority in Lao PDR, and with UXO Lao, a national government clearance organisation.
Working closely with the Country Director, you will provide technical input into the longer-term development of the programme, contribute to proposals and reports, represent MAG to donors, government authorities, the UN, and our development partners. You will need to be able to think strategically and further develop MAG's technical expertise and excellence.
• Salary: The total salary package for this position is circa is approximately £59,893 - £65,416 per annum (circa $92,952- $103,247 USD per annum)*Please see the general information for terms and conditions related to this.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year.
• Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year.
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: personal accident and medical expenses insurance; death by natural causes insurance; and access to 24-hour medical assistance, including evacuation and repatriation.
How to apply
Application is by completed application form. This document should be submitted to email@example.com by the closing date of 27th May 2012.
Click for Job DescriptionClick for Terms of Reference
Click for Person Specification
Click for General Information about the post
Click for Application Form