Medical Benefits of Marijuana
Marijuana has been found valuable in the treatment of many illnesses and conditions throughout history. Here are just a few of the benefits patients experience from marijuana today.
- Relieves chronic pain from a variety of causes and reduces the need for addictive narcotic pain killers.
- Increases appetite, relieves nausea and vomiting, reduces pain and helps patients sleep while undergoing chemotherapy.
- Improves appetite, may reduce pain and helps HIV patients sleep.
- May reduce brain and lung tumors and slow the growth of cancer, may stop breast cancer from spreading throughout the body.
- Relieves eye pressure associated with Glaucoma.
- Improves appetite among sufferers from Wasting Syndrome.
- May prevent formation of “Alzheimer’s plaques”.
- May function as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory in Arthritis sufferers.
- Can open up airways in the lungs in Asthma sufferers.
- Improves appetite, reduces muscle spasms and relieves chronic pain in spinal cord injuries.
- Can help result in faster recovery for head injury sufferers.
- Reduces nausea and chronic pain and helps Fibromyalgia patients sleep better.
- Can help patients suffering from depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, phobias, ADD, etc.
- Can lower blood pressure in Hypertension sufferers.