Sunday 29 May 2011

Top 10 excuses of Brit's fraud investigators in benefits offices revealed

The government in Britain has released a list of top 10 excuses made up by benefits cheats to con cash or to get people off the hook when caught making dodgy claims.

May 29, 2011 - London

The government in Britain has released a list of top 10 excuses made up by benefits cheats to con cash or to get people off the hook when caught making dodgy claims.

Among the tall tales were people who said their identical twin must be responsible for the claims and others who said they didn't know they were on benefits, reports the Daily Star.

The list of crazy claims highlight the 1.6 billion pounds of taxpayers' cash squandered on lying layabouts every year.

According to the fraud workers, the 10 most ridiculous excuses were:

1. "We don't live together. He just comes each morning to fill up his flask."

2. "I wasn't using the ladders to clean windows. I carried them for therapy for my bad back."

3. "I had no idea my wife was working. I never noticed her leaving the house twice a day in a fluorescent jacket and a Stop Children sign."

4. "My wallet was stolen so someone must have been using my identity. I haven't been working."

5. "I didn't know I was still on benefits."

6. "I didn't declare my savings because I didn't save them. They were given to me".

7. "He lives in a caravan in the drive. We're not together."

8. "He does come here every night and leave in the morning and although he has no other address I don't regard him as living here".

9. "It wasn't me working - it was my identical twin."

10. "I wasn't aware my wife was working because her hours of work coincided with the times I spent in the garden shed."

ANI