Wednesday 30 March 2011

BBC - Newsbeat - Lily Allen was 'touch and go' following miscarriage

Lily Allen was 'touch and go' following miscarriage

Page last updated at 10:09 GMT, Wednesday, 30 March 2011 11:09 UK

Lily Allen Lily Allen was 'touch and go' with an illness following her miscarriage last year

Lily Allen has said she was "touch and go for a few days" after she was taken ill following the loss of her second child.

The 25-year-old suffered a miscarriage in November last year.

Describing her ordeal during the final episode of Channel 4 series From Riches To Rags she said: "I got really ill after he died and I was admitted into hospital.

"I couldn't have cared less if I was on my death bed."

'Devastating' experience

The majority of the fly on the wall series, which followed the launch of Lily Allen's clothing range alongside sister Sarah Owen, was filmed before she suffered her second miscarriage.

But the crew returned to interview her afterwards.

"It was amazing how my friends reacted so much more to me being ill than to actually what I felt was the devastating part," she said.

I spent a long time in a hospital bed and my outlook has changed. Everything has changed. I can't believe how much of my life I spent complaining about things

Lily Allen

"Even though what's happened to me has been beyond devastating, it's made me realise what I really have.

"I probably feel more compassionate towards things then I have previously.

"I spent a long time in a hospital bed and my outlook has changed. Everything has changed.

"I can't believe how much of my life I spent complaining about things."

Meanwhile, Lily Allen has criticised the person responsible for leaking a copy of her wedding invitation to the media.

She is set to marry boyfriend Sam Cooper this year.

"Your (sic) not invited any more, have some respect and stay at home," she wrote on Twitter.