Drug offences guideline
The consultation on the draft guideline on drug offences is open from 28 March 2011 to 20 June 2011. The consultation documents comprise a draft guideline, a full consultation paper intended for criminal justice professionals, a shorter public consultation paper, a resource assessment and an equality impact assessment.
If you are a member of the public and you wish to read the consultation please download the following document:
- Drug offences guideline – public consultation
- Drug offences guideline – public consultation (large print)
If you would like the public consultation paper in easy read format please contact us.
There is also a simple online questionnaire which you can complete.
If you are a criminal justice professional (including members of the judiciary) and would like to read the consultation, please download the following document:
- Drug offences – resource assessment
- Drug offences – equality impact assessment
- Analysis and research bulletin - drugs offences
- Public attitudes to the sentencing of drug offences
- Drug 'mules': twelve case studies
All research and analysis publications that accompany this consultation can be viewed here.
The consultation on the Sentencing Council's draft guideline on assault closed on 5 January 2011. All consultation documents relating to it can be found on the closed consultations page. The definitive guideline and the Council's response to consultation submissions is expected to be announced in February.