Note: If you are having trouble downloading and installing Flash Player, visit the Adobe Flash Player Help and Support page for assistance with top issues.
Flash Player version that this browser is running
The following link directs you to a page that provides the version of the currently installed Flash Player running in the Web browser you're using. The page also provides a list of the most current version available for each operating system and Web browser combination.
Note: Internet Explorer uses a different Flash Player than other browsers, such as Firefox or Google Chrome. If you sometimes use Internet Explorer and sometimes use another browser, you could be using a different version of Flash Player for Internet Explorer than for other browsers.
Is your Flash Player a debugger version, video capable, audio capable, and local File input/output enabled?
The following displays the type of Flash Player version that this browser is running, and its capabilities. Usually, only developers creating content for Flash Player require this information:
Continue with the following topics as needed:
- Not the version you expected?
- Troubleshoot the Flash Player installation
- What is the latest Flash Player version?
- Get earlier Flash Player versions (for Flash software developers only)
- Flash Player version in Flash Professional CS4 or CS5 (for Flash software developers only)
Sometimes the version displayed in the image is not what you expected. For example, you installed the latest Flash Player version, but the version in the image is the same version as before you started the installation.
The following steps often resolve this problem:
- Close and restart the browser.
- Return to this page in your browser. If the image on this page still does not have the version number you expected, continue to step 3.
- Restart your computer.
- Open the browser and return to this page. If the image on this page still does not have the version number you expected, continue to Troubleshoot the Flash Player installation.
If the Flash Player version in the image is still not what you expected, troubleshoot your Flash Player installation:
- For Windows operating systems, go to Troubleshoot Flash Player installation | Windows (19166).
- For Intel-based Mac operating systems, go to Can't install Flash Player | Intel-based Mac OS (2dda3d8a).
For other operating systems, such as Linux, uninstall and reinstall Flash Player as follows:
- Close all applications.
- Run the Flash Player uninstaller.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall a newer version of Flash Player from the Adobe Flash Player Download Center.
The latest Flash Player version available for each operating system is listed in the table on http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/.
To get previous versions of Flash Player for developer testing, see Archived Flash Player versions (tn_14266).
When you use Adobe Flash CS4 Professional or Adobe Flash Professional CS5, you test your content using the product's Test Movie feature. Depending on the publish settings you set in Flash Professional, Test Movie can use a different Flash Player version than your browser. The Flash Player version that Test Movie uses has no impact on the Flash Player version that your browser uses.
Tuesday, 29 March 2011
Find Flash Player version